Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Digital photography meets Victorian craftsmanship.


Connie and I attended a luncheon/reception held at the Original (1906) Rumson, NJ firehouse. The  historic building is now used by the local Junior League. What caught my eye as we entered were the restored pressed tin ceilings and walls.

Such painted embossed tin plate panels were common in the US during 1839-1901 Victorian era. They were designed as a substitute for plaster work found in the wealthiest European households.

After the reception, I turned my camera to capture the various designs found throughout the room.
Take a look....




                                         














These images can be enhanced with color, matted and framed. I find it an interesting subject!

jpk 8-22.11


No comments: